Thursday, October 18, 2007

NOT a Christmas Present



Instead of working on Christmas presents I spent the past week and a half playing with that tiny grey ball of cashmere/silk I bought at the yarn tasting. It is my first completed lace-ish project, and I feel like it turned out very well. Especially since I had never, ever blocked anything before. Now I just have four ends to weave in: I should just have 2, but Socrates chewed through the yarn when I was four inches from the end.



So, without further ado, here's the fun stuff:

Yarn: 180m of Hand Maiden 65% Cashmere, 35% Silk

Needles: Clover Bamboo, size 8

Pattern: A Molly original, but based on the Foliage Lace in the Vogue Stitchionary Volume 1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It cracks me up that this is only your third post and already you have comment spam. ;)

Love the scarf. Aren't the Stitchionaries fun? You might be interested in this:

http://www.librarygirl.co.uk/knits/docs/Vogue%20stitctionary%20vol%201%20index.pdf

It's an index of all the patterns in the first one...since there isn't one in the book!

Also, are you on Ravelry? You should sign up if you haven't already! =)